General admission requirements for Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iaşi for candidates from EU, EEA countries and the Swiss Confederation
Citizens from EU, EEA countries and the Swiss Confederation can apply for admission at Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iaşi by following these important steps:
- Recognition of graduated studies for citizens of the European Union / European Economic Area Member States or the Swiss Confederation for admission in a Romanian higher education institution – undergraduate studies (more information here) and master studies (more information here).
- Application file. Papers required for admission at Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iaşi are detailed below.
I. Recognition of graduated studies for citizens of the European Union / European Economic Area Member States or the Swiss Confederation for admission in a Romanian higher education institution – undergraduate studies and master studies
The National Centre for Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas (CNRED) within the Romanian Ministry of National Education assesses and recognises study documents held by citizens coming from EU, EEA countries and the Swiss Confederation in order to study in Romania.
All EU, EEA, Swiss Confederation citizens must obtain a certificate for the recognition of graduated studies needed for admission in a Romanian higher education institution.
The file application containing all documents required for recognition of studies must be submitted to the faculty where the candidate wants to apply (the first choice faculty), by postal service. For more information about the certificate of recognition of graduated studies for EU, EEA, Swiss Confederation citizens for admission in a Romanian higher education institution – undergraduate studies please read more information here and for master studies please read here.
Submitting the file to the university must be done until 30 June 2020 for the first admission session (July 2020 session) and until 31 July 2020 for the second admission session (September 2020 session).
II. Application Papers required for admission at Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iasi
- Application form (filled in 2 copies) – At no. 13 please fill in your personal e-mail address and your home address where we can contact you (see TUIASI.POB.09-F2 Application form for bachelor studies/ TUIASI.POB.10-F2 Application form for master studies)
- The studies documents (copy and legally certified translation in Romanian, English or French):
- for bachelor’s degree studies: the baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent;
- for master’s degree studies: the baccalaureate diploma and the bachelor’s degree diploma or their equivalent;
- Birth certificate (copy and legally certified translation);
- Copy of the passport – valid at least 6 months after the day the letter of acceptance for studies is issued;
- If necessary, name change documents (marriage certificate, legal decision, etc) – (copy and legally certified translation);
- Medical certificate (in English) to prove that the person to be registered for studies does not suffer from infectious diseases or other illnesses that are incompatible with the future profession. On the medical certificate it must be specified that ‘The candidate is not registered with mental illnesses and infectious or contagious diseases’. If the candidate is registered with mental illnesses, he / she will have to bring the psychologist’s / psychiatrist’s approval that the candidate can perform the studies to be registered to;
- Certification showing the student status (only for those enrolling to admission session for a second specialisation / study programme)
- Undergraduate diploma or its equivalent – original or legally certified copy, for those who have already graduated a study programme and are enrolling to admission session for a second specialisation / study programme;
- International English language certificate, assessed by the Foreign Language Department at Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iaşi. If the candidate does not submit an international English certificate, he should pass an eliminatory linguistic proficiency exam at our University.
- 2 photos (3 x 4 cm);
- Certificate from the Romanian Centre for Equivalence and Recognition of Diplomas (CNRED) recognising the diploma of previous studies abroad.
- For those applying for undergraduate studies, the recognition refers to the baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent.
- For those applying for master’s studies, the recognition refers to both the baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent and bachelor’s diploma.
- For more information, please read https://new.cnred.edu.ro/cnred/en/#Activities
- In case the previous mentioned certificate was not obtained at the date of submitting the application file, proof from CNRED that the file is processed has to be provided together with the previous diplomas (baccalaureat, bachelor’s diploma) and the transcripts of records from the study years graduated, translated in Romanian / English language if they are issued in any other language than English or French.
- Other additional documents requested by each Faculty Admission Commission (for exemple transcript of records, baccalaureate diploma annex).
III. Applying period and criteria
Candidates will submit their admission file online (information will be posted in due time) or in person at the chosen faculty.
Important: other than these general requirements, each candidate must also meet certain specific requirements when applying to a study programme, so be sure to also check the Specific Requirements page of the programme you wish to apply to.